- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
For The First Time Ever, All Four Eyewitness Accounts of The Murder of Michael Brown Put In Chronological Order: The most detailed side-by-side telling of each eyewitness account of the Mike Brown murder in chronological order #JusticeForMichaelBrown [@ShaunKing]
y do people still try to make offensive jokes did u never see the spongebob episode about the squirrel jokes
I’ve said this before and I’ll point it out again -
Menstruation is caused by change in hormonal levels to stop the creation of a uterine lining and encourage the body to flush the lining out. The body does this by lowering estrogen levels and raising testosterone.
Or, to put it more plainly “That time of the month” is when female hormones most closely resemble male hormones. So if (cis) women aren’t suited to office at “That time of the month” then (cis) men are NEVER suited to office.
If you are a dude and don’t dig the ladies around you at their time of the month, just think! That is you all of the time.
And, on a final note, post-menopausal (cis) women are the most hormonally stable of all human demographics. They have fewer hormonal fluctuations of anyone, meaning older women like Hilary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren would theoretically be among the least likely candidates to make an irrational decision due to hormonal fluctuations, and if we were basing our leadership decisions on hormone levels, then only women over fifty should ever be allowed to hold office.
"If you are a dude and don’t dig the ladies around you at their time of the month, just think! That is you all of the time. "
i’ve reblogged this before, but after watching “last comic standing” with my boyfriend and hearing way more period jokes than i thought would pass in 2014, gonna just put it out there again.
Gaza August 19,2014.
"Extended cease-fire ends. Airstrikes resume. More than 30 Palestinians injured and 2 killed in Gaza."
Israel’s Operation Protective Edge
- 2,019 Palestinians killed [80% civilians] , including 542 children and 251 women from Israeli bombardment
- 64 Israeli Soldiers killed in combat and 3 civilians
- 10,223 Palestinians wounded, including 3,486 children and 1,970 women
- UNRWA has exhausted its capacity to absorb displaced persons, and overcrowding in shelters risks the outbreak of epidemics.
- 122 Palestinian families have lost 3 or more members of their family.
- UNICEF estimates about 373,000 Palestinian children have had some kind of direct traumatic experience and require immediate psycho-social support.
- 1.5 million people in Gaza have limited or no access to water supplies. 26 health facilities have been damaged.
- More than 485,000 internally displaced are in need of emergency food assistance.
- Shelling and bombing have damaged 142 schools — 89 of them run by the United Nations — , and multiple Israeli strikes on Gaza’s only power plant and other infrastructure have left it beyond repair.The cost of reconstruction will run to “hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars,” - Pernille Ironside, the head of the Unicef office in Gaza
If you’ve been keeping up with what the media is saying about Darren Wilson, you may have read this article that claims he suffered a blowout fracture: a fracture of one or more bones surrounding the eye. Here is a screencap from the article of “Darren Wilson’s” CT scan. Also known as “lol_bc_not_darren_wilson.jpg”
When the article later stated that “police sources” said 12 witnesses had taken Wilson’s side, I was incredible skeptical, obviously.
[I also want to mention that this article is using pictures of the convenience store where the owner’s lawyer blatantly stated that Mike Brown did not steal anything.]
This article lists the side effects of an orbital blowout fracture. It also posts a video taken by Piaget Crenshaw, a woman who lives on the street where Mike Brown was killed. The video shows Darren Wilson standing around Mike’s body soon after his murder, showing no signs of pain; and you see the officer he’s reporting to acting like Wilson hasn’t been injured at all. That isn’t very likely for someone who would have visible signs of trauma.
The second article also shows “Darren’s” CT scan, and one that looks exactly like it, but: in the corner it says UNIV OF IOWA ETC-TC. Just to check up on this, I looked up the words “university of iowa blowout fracture” and set Google to where it would show posts from before this year, guess what.
On uiowa.edu, this CT scan was on a page made in 2008. [It’s about all kinds of eye trauma.] Here’s a screencap with the url in it so you can see what I’m talking about, if you don’t want to scroll through a page with graphic injuries.
I don’t know why they thought they could get away with this at all, oh my god. The article that says Darren Wilson was injured is a complete fallacy, and the police released this information to make Mike Brown seem like a “thug.”
(“There’s no more racism in America! We have a black President!”)
Now listen to me. If an article does not post credible sources (“two local St. Louis sources” does not count at all) or only goes off what the police is saying: double, triple, quadruple check it before you share the information, just to cause less hysteria for everyone trying to stay updated on these horrific events.